When starting a new company project, be it small, medium or the restructuring of a large organization, today it is necessary to take into account the use of digital media and how they will be of great importance for good marketing digital. One of the first actions is the creation of a web page aimed at achieving the objectives of the company, so we present you 5 tips to define these objectives for the use of Google Analytics according to Beatriz López, SAP and Social Media Consultant.
More related notes:
10 alternatives to Google Analytics
Twitter Analytics is here
What do you measure when you measure (in Google Analytics)?
1. The first step is to take into account the mission and vision of the company, be it the sale of a product, service or probably a social action. Taking the above into account and the nature of the company, it will be easier to know which path your website should take, it is also important to take into account that not only these objectives are necessary for e-commerce, because today the simplest product needs Phone Number List to be publicized online.
2. The objectives must be specifically defined, that is, they must be measurable, achievable, relevant and concrete for a period of time. Examples of these complete actions can be: stay on my website, sell a product, navigate to a page, visit a specific number of pages, increase visits, attract a specific target, among others.
3. Think before you run is key before you start to focus on the tool, in this case, Google Analytics for websites.
Invest your time in thinking and consulting with specialists to define what your strategy is going to be. This point is of vital importance during the development of a project.
4. Once focused on Google Analytics. This tool allows you to create 20 objectives per profile, grouped 5 by 5 and there are 4 types of objectives, with the following functionalities:
-Destination URL: Do my visitors navigate to a specific page (Thanks, Who am I, Contact)?
-Duration of the visit: Do visitors stay a certain time on my website?
-Page / Visit: How many pages do they visit each time they access my website?
-Event: Do you do something specific on my site, such as downloading the product catalog, a user manual, etc?
Google Analytics provides templates with a set of objectives that can be added and customized. The templates depend on the industry you indicated during the definition of the web property, so if you already had an account, confirm the value you assigned.
5. On the goal creation screen you must indicate a monetary value to the objective in question, what is important is not so much the specific value assigned but the relative value with respect to the set of defined objectives and the trend in the measurements obtained.
It is important to indicate a monetary value to the objective since it is the way that Google Analytics calculates the Page Value, that is, the economic value of each of the pages of our website.
Thus, Google Analytics will provide a value to each page if the objectives of the site are defined and a value has been entered.
This metric is calculated from the following formula:
This metric is available in the Content section and you can obtain the analysis of, for example, conclusions such as which pages with a lower number of visits convert better and have a higher economic value according to the defined objectives.